Poker has become very popular in the last 7 years or so. And if you like poker then you probably play Holdem, or as its know by its full term Texas Holdem. There are of course two varieties of Holdem, Limit and no limit, however no limit holdem is by far the most popular form played today.
So how do you go about playing holdem to start earning some extra income. Well the answer is easy.
1. Poker training.
2. Rakeback Account
So what does poker training involve. It varies depending on the experience you have playing holdem and the amount of disposable income you can set aside as your poker bankroll. If you know the rules and have played games with your friends but have never played online then you could be classed as a novice player. No matter how much money you had, I would recommend that you try and play at least 10,000 hands at 20nl (that is 10c,20c blinds) and see how you progress. You should have at least 20 buy-ins for that level. If your bankroll drops to 10 buy-ins, then you should move down to 10nl (5c,10c blinds) and keep dropping down until you find a level you can beat.
Once you have found your starting level, you can gain practical experience of the online poker scene. You will see that money can be made by the number of bad players sitting at your table. You can now devise your poker training.
It should consist of the following and I will include only free resources:
1. Join a poker forum where you can post hand histories and receive feedback from better players than your self. Some of the better poker forums are 2+2, blonde poker and Irish poker boards. At these places you will get instant feedback and help.
2. Take advantage of free offers to poker training sites. Some Rakeback Providers will offer free membership to poker training sites if you open a rakeback account with them and generate $500 of rake at any one of the poker sites they offer rakeback deals with. I will delve deeper into the benefits of rakeback in the next section.
3. Hand history reviews are a great way to improve your game. If you cannot afford Holdem Manager or Poker tracker (they store all of your hand histories and you can replay them in a hand replayer and also generate stats on yours and your opponents games – I highly recommend purchasing Holdem Manager) then each poker site generates hand histories that you can save to your hard drive. Pick out all the big and small pots you have won over a few weeks and see if you can spot any common pattern where you tend to lose. Keep a note of these and try and work on these leaks to eliminate them from your game.
4. Read lots of free articles on the internet. There are tons of great free information about strategy and tips on the internet. Use this along with your free membership to Deuces Cracked to develop your game and learn new concepts.
5. Befriend other poker players who are at a higher level than yourself. These will help you quickly move up levels as they will not only inspire you but motivate you to do better.
As previously mentioned, having a rakeback account is the easiest way to start making money if you play holdem. By having a rakeback account you will get a set periodic payment of cash back into your poker account. For those who don’t know, rakeback is the refund the poker rooms make to the poker player for showing loyalty to their poker room. Poker rooms make their money by taking about 5% rake(commission) of every pot. They then offer to repay up to 50% of this rake back to the player and this is how the term ‘rakeback’ was coined. You may never have to redeposit again due to the benefits of rakeback. Rakeback means that you will make an extra 2.5 big blinds per 100 hands. considering that the biggest win rates in today’s higher stakes games are 4 big blinds per 100 hands, you can see how easily rakeback can turn you from a break even player into a winning player.
No Comment! Be the first one.